Chocolate Magic Bars
Rich, decadent chocolate, yummy coconut, and chopped almonds—mix them together and abracadabra—dessert is served!
Makes: 50 squares
2 cups (500 mL) coconut, toasted
2 cups (500 mL) Robin Hood® Oats
½ cup (125 mL) Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar
½ cup (125 mL) butter, melted
1 ½ cups (375 mL) chopped salted almonds or mixed nuts, toasted
2 cups (500 mL) Chipits® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 ½ cups (375 mL) Chipits Milk Chocolate Chips
2 cans (300 mL each) Eagle Brand® Regular or Low Fat Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F (180º C). Butter the bottom and sides of a 9” x 13” (3 L) baking dish. Line with parchment paper, overlapping the 2 longer sides for easy removal.
- Base: In a large bowl add toasted coconut, oats and brown sugar. Toss to combine. Add butter and stir to combine the mixture. Press the crust into an even layer on the bottom and up the sides of the prepared dish. Bake in preheated oven 18–20 minutes until golden brown.
- Topping: Sprinkle nuts over the warmed crust. Cover nuts with chocolate chips. Pour milk evenly over the filling.
- Return to oven and bake for 30–35 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Cool in refrigerator until cold, about 4 hours or overnight before cutting into squares.
- To toast coconut spread out on a baking sheet. Bake at 350º F (180º C) for 8-10 minutes or until it starts turning golden brown. Toss coconut halfway through baking. Once toasted, can be stored in freezer.
- Gift wrap not needed! Pack these up in a Limited Edition Holiday Ziploc® brand Container for a great holiday gift to keep them festive, yet fresh.
|1 Square (1.5 oz)|