about 24 sandwiches
Freezing: without filling excellent
1 cup (250 mL) Five Roses® All Purpose Flour
⅛ tsp (1 mL) salt
⅛ tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
½ cup (125 mL) butter, cold
1 cup (250 mL) cheddar cheese, shredded
⅛ tsp (1 mL) worcestershire sauce
½ tsp (2 mL) dijon mustard
1 lb (454 g) cream cheese
½ tsp (2 mL) salt
2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh dill, chopped
2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh parsley, chopped
2 tbsp (30 mL) green onions, finely chopped
- Madeleines: Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
- In a food processor bowl, add flour, salt and cayenne and process a few seconds to mix. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add cheese, worcestershire sauce and mustard and process for 30 seconds, until well blended. Mixture will be very dry. Transfer to counter and knead until dough gathers together.
- To form Madeleines, spray mini madeleine pans with vegetable spray. Pinch off a small amount of dough and press into madeleine form, scraping off excess dough. Make a small dent in the dough with the end of a large wooden spoon. Repeat until the pan is full.
- Bake at 375ºF (190º) for 12 minutes, rotating pan every 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and dent again with wooden spoon. Cool slightly and remove from pan.
- Filling: In food processor bowl, add cream cheese and salt. Process for about 30 seconds, until well blended and cheese is soft. Transfer to mixing bowl and add dill, parsley, and green onions. Stir to mix well and place in piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe a small amount of filling on one Madeleine and place another on top to form a sandwich.