Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cookies
Makes: about 3 dozen cookies
butter or margarine
¾ cup (175 mL) brown sugar, packed
½ cup (125 mL) sugar
1½ tsp (7 mL) pure vanilla extract
2 cups (500 mL) Five Roses® All Purpose Flour
1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
6 squares semi-sweet chocolate square, chopped
25 vanilla caramels, quartered
¾ cup (175 mL) coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease or line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, cream butter, brown and white sugars, egg and vanilla on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and creamy.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture, beating on low speed until blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by spoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 375°F (190°C) for 8 - 12 minutes, or until light golden.
- Cool 5 minutes on sheets then remove to cooling rack.