Strawberry Cheesecake Squares
Makes: about 30 squares
2 cups (500 mL) Five Roses® All Purpose Flour
¾ cup (175 mL) brown sugar, packed
¾ cup (175 mL) almonds, finely chopped
¾ cup (175 mL) margarine
2 pkgs (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
⅔ cup (150 mL) sugar
½ tsp (2 mL) almond extract
1 cup (250 mL) strawberry jam
¾ cup (175 mL) almonds, sliced
- Combine all ingredients for crust until crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup (175 mL) for topping.
- Press remainder into 13" x 9" (33 x 23 cm) cake pan sprayed with a non-stick spray.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 12-15 minutes, or until edges are golden. FILLING
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and almond extract until smooth. Spread evenly over hot crust.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
- Stir jam until smooth. Spread over filling. Stir sliced almonds into reserved crumble mixture. Sprinkle over jam.
- Bake 15 minutes longer. Cool completely on wire rack. Chill 3 hours or overnight before cutting into squares. Store in refrigerator.